- 1 IELTS Listening Practice Test for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training Test takers
- 2 SECTION 1
- 3 SECTION 2
- 4 SECTION 3
- 5 SECTION 4
IELTS Listening Practice Test for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training Test takers
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each, gap.
1. One walk includes a break at the oldest pub so that the walkers can get some ___________________
2. The castle walk allows more time to see the castle wall. and walk on the ___________________
3. You have to ____________________ if you want to go on the Ghost Walk.
4. The Ghost Walk goes to the castle and the _____________________.
5. The walks are suitable for adults and ______________________.
6. The fourth walk shows people the _________________ of the writer Robert Jones.
Complete the following table of information about the walks.
|Walk||Price||Start – Finish|
|City sights tour||£10||7 ________________|
|Castle tour||£7||8 ________________|
|Ghost Walk||£7||8 p.m – 10 p.m|
|Robert Jones Walk||£8||2 p.m – 5 p.m|
- Discounts available for groups of five or more people
- Walks take place every day except 9 ____________________
- Visit our website – 10 __________________
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each gap.
11. You can have__________________paid direct from your account.
12. Ask your_________________________to tell you when and how much money will arrive.
13. Having a Cirrus or Maestro card may allow you to spend money from your _____________________
14. Debt and not paying ______________________are key things to avoid.
15. The___________________________at your educational institution will be able to give you advice.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
16. What should you go to different companies for?
17. Where can you find a list of insurance companies?
18. Which policies pay the full price of replacing possessions?
19. What medical conditions are not always covered by medical insurance?
20. What activity might be an exemption?
Complete the sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
21. The professor wants the students to pretend that they are________________.
22. Sandra points out that recruiters need to know if people have the right ____________________- not just qualifications and experience.
23. Sandra also points out that a new person can change the_____________________________.
24. The professor says that ________________________doesn’t usually have an effect on a persons character.
25. Mike says that in a_____________________employees have to trust each people to do their job.
26. Mike thinks that asking people about their_________________________can tell you something about them.
Which two people are most in favour of personality questionnaires?
A. The professor.
Which two people are most in favour of setting applicants problems?
A. The professor.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
31. In which year did the SPI introduce the recycling symbol?
32. What is the minimum size of the symbol?
Complete the following table of information using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
|1||yes||bottles, containers, fibre-fill, bean bags, rope, car bumpers, tennis ball felt. 33____________ . cassette tapes, sails|
|2||yes||containers. 34 _______________ . piping. plastic lumber, rope|
|3||no||35 _________________ . shower curtains, medical tubing, vinyl dashboards, baby bottle nipples|
|4||36 _________________||wrapping films, 37____________ . sandwich bags. containers|
|5||no||containers, e.g. Tupperware|
|6||38 _________________||coffee cups. 39 ________________ . meat trays. packing “peanuts”. 40_____________ . cassette tapes|
Section 1, Questions 1-10
3. book ahead
5. older children
6. life and times
7. 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Section 2, Questions 11-20
11. (regular) bills
12. (financial) sponsor
13. home account
14. (your) rent
15. (student) counsellor
16. (an) insurance policy/-ies
17. (local) telephone directory
18. “new-for-old” or “new for old”
20. (playing a) dangerous sport
Section 3, Questions 21 – 30
23. (whole) group dynamic
24. company training
25. team situation
28. C (27 + 28 in either order)
30. B (29 + 30 in either order)
Section 4, Questions 31-40
32. half-inch / half inch / half an inch
35. plastic pipes
37. grocery bags
39. disposable cutlery
BONUS EXERCISE: GAP-FILLING
The texts below are transcript for your IELTS Listening Practice Test. To make the most out of this transcript, we removed some words from the texts and replaced with spaces. You have to fill each space with the missing word by listening to the audio for this IELTS listening practice test.