Improve your IELTS Listening and Speaking Skills is a complete preparation course for students at score bands 6.0 – 7.5 preparing for the for the Listening and Speaking components of the International English Language Testing System.
Through targeted practice, it develops skills and language to help you achieve a higher IELTS score in these two components.
You can use Improve your IELTS Listening and Speaking Skills as a book for studying on your own or in a class.
If you are studying on your own, Improve Your IELTS Listening and Speaking Skills is designed to guide you step by step through the activities. The hook is completely self-contained: a clear and accessible key is provided, so you can easily check your answers as you work through the book. There are two CDs which contain all the recorded material necessary for the Listening skills and Speaking skills sections of each unit.
If you are studying as part of a class, your teacher will direct you on how to use each activity. Some activities, especially in the Topic talk and Speaking skills sections, provide the opportunity for speaking and discussion practice.
How is Improve your IELTS Listening and Speaking Skills organized?
It consists of ton units based around topics which occur commonly in the real test. Each unit consists of:
Topic talk: exercises and activities to introduce vocabulary and ideas useful for the topic. Listening skills: exercises and activities to develop the skills for questions in the Listening component
Speaking skills: exercises and activities to develop skills and language for the Speaking component, including practice questions from one part of the module.
Pronunciation: exercises and activities to practise key aspects of pronunciation in English. Exam listening: one complete section of the listening exam to practise the skills learned.
In addition, there are Techniques boxes throughout the book. These reinforce key points on how to approach listening and Speaking tasks.
How will Improve your IELTS Listening and Speaking Skills improve my score?
- By developing skills
The skills sections of each unit form a detailed syllabus of essential IELTS Listening and Speaking skills. For example, in listening skills there is coverage of Predicting in notes and labelling a map or plan. In Speaking skills, there is coverage of Giving extended answers as well as Agreeing and disagreeing. There is also a Pronunciation section at the end of the Speaking skills sections.
- By developing language
The Tbpic talk part of each unit develops vocabulary, phrases, and sentence forms for use in the Listening and Speaking components. The Speaking skills section has phrases to help you introduce and organize your spoken answers.
- By developing test technique
The Listening skills sections introduce you to the skills you need to tackle the various types of question that can be asked. Knowing the best way to tackle each type of question will enable you to get the best mark you can. The Speaking skills section will make you familiar with the different question-types and enable you to relax in the exam and perform at your best.
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!