It Takes Two To Tango – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
Definition: used to say that two people or groups, and not just one, are responsible for something that has happened
- It takes two to cooperate.
- It takes two to make a bargain.
- It takes two to make a quarrel.
=> It takes two to do something: one person/ party cannot be completely responsible for one thing.
- Don’t expect me to shoulder all the blame for our current situation. It takes two to tango.
- It takes two to cooperate, therefore, we are unable to make a unilateral decision on this project without the other party’s agreement.