Keep One’s Feet On The Ground – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
Definition: be sensitive and realistic; not do foolish, rash or dangerous things
- Delusions Of Grandeur – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Keep One’s Finger On The Pulse Of Something – Idiom Of The Day
- It Takes Two To Tango – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
Synonyms: have both/ one’s feet on the ground
- Despite unexpected success and fame at an early age, she managed to keep her feet on the ground and remained utterly devoted to her acting career.
- Jack had better keep his feet on the ground and get a job rather than fantasize about rising to stardom all day.
- It is the best time for us to expand our business scale and market, yet, we still have to keep our feet on the ground.
Devoted (a): having great love for somebody/something and being loyal to them
Fantasize (v): to imagine that you are doing something that you would like to do, or that something that you would like to happen is happening, even though this is very unlikely
|1. At one’s feet||a. to make someone or an audience rise up applauding or cheering in approval or in salute to someone or something|
|2. Have one’s feet on the ground||b. Respecting and admiring someone|
|3. Put one’s feet up||c. Relax by sitting or lying down|
|4. Under one’s feet||d. to make someone or their ideas seem less good, especially by doing something before them or better than them|
|5. Cut the ground from under one’s feet||e. be sensitive and realistic; not do foolish, rash or dangerous things|
|6. Bring to one’s feet||f. in one’s path or in one’s way|
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!