Keep One’s Nose To The Grindstone – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
to work especially hard and long on something, often applied to academic study
“In this program, they really keep your nose to the grindstone.“
“I have kept my nose to the grindstone for a week doing this report“
“Mary kept her nose to the grindstone while her friends were out enjoying themselves.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” I’ve only got six weeks before my exams start so I’m trying to ___________________________.“
A. keep my nose to the grindstone
B. any port in a storm
C. crack the book
D. a hard nut to crack
- Describe time you had to work or study very hard. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– How hard you had to work or study
– Why you had to do that
And explain how did you feel about this moment
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!