Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
To complain if a gift is not up to your expectation
“When Aunt Lara bought Cynthia a beautiful dress, she looks a gift horse in the mouth.“
“I know the car’s not in great condition, but you shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.”
“I advise you not to look a gift horse in the mouth.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” Okay, it’s not the job of your dreams but it pays good money. I’d be inclined not to _________________ if I were you.“
A. a bull in china shop
B. look a gift horse in the mouth
C. a leopard cannot change its spots
D. crocodile tears
- Describe the gift that someone bought for you. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– Who gave you this present
– What the gift was
And explain why you like or dislike this gift
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!