Made My Hair Stand On End – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
frightened someone very much
“The horrible scream made my hair stand on end. “
“The ghost story made our hair stand on end.“
“The thought of jumping out of an aeroplane makes my hair stand on end.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“It was a terrifying film – it _______________________________”
A. back to square one
B. live out of a suitcase
C. made my hair stand on air
D. blood, sweat and tears
- Describe the film that you have seen. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– Where you saw it
– What the film talked about
And explain why you liked it or didn’t like it
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!