Make A Mountain Out Of A Molehill – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
To make anything sound or look larger than it actually is
“When Uncle Benny catches a cold he says he has a raging fever. He’s always making a mountain out of a molehill.”
“Come on, don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. It’s not that important. ”
“Clever lawyers can make a mountain out of a molehill.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” McAleer knows there’s a mistake in the book and promised to correct it, but Rosen continues to complain about it – she’s really trying to ____________________.“
A. make a mountain out of a molehill
B. look a gift horse in the mouth
C. a leopard cannot change its spots
D. crocodile tears
- Describe the time you made a mistake. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the mistake was
– Who helped you solve it
And explain what you had learned from this mistake
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017