Make A Mountain Out Of A Molehill – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
Make A Mountain Out Of A Molehill – Idiom Of The Day
To make anything sound or look larger than it actually is
- When Uncle Benny catches a cold he says he has a raging fever. He’s always making a mountain out of a molehill.
- Come on, don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. It’s not that important.
- Clever lawyers canmake a mountain out of a molehill.
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” McAleer knows there’s a mistake in the book and promised to correct it, but Rosen continues to complain about it – she’s really trying to ____________________.“
A. make a mountain out of a molehill
B. look a gift horse in the mouth
C. a leopard cannot change its spots
D. crocodile tears
- Describe the time you made a mistake. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the mistake was
– Who helped you solve it
And explain what you had learned from this mistake
Also check :