On A Knife Edge – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
On A Knife Edge – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
In a very difficult situation and there are worries about the future.
“I’ve put myself on a knife edge when I forgot the calculator in the business management qualification test, which involved a lot of calculations.”
“These underprivileged families have to live on a knife edge because their houses are demolished by the storm.”
“At that time, she stood on a knife edge when the bank declared her that her own company was bankrupt.”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
“When Ben sold his house for his investment, he obviously put himself on a knife edge.”
A. He needed a knife.
B. He wanted to go somewhere.
C. He was satisfied with his decision.
D. He put himself at risk.
- Describe the time when you was in the dangerous situation. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When did it happen ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– How did you escape from the situation ?
– And do you learn any lesson from this ?
Also check :