On A Knife Edge – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
In a very difficult situation and there are worries about the future.
“I’ve put myself on a knife edge when I forgot the calculator in the business management qualification test, which involved a lot of calculations.”
“These underprivileged families have to live on a knife edge because their houses are demolished by the storm.”
“At that time, she stood on a knife edge when the bank declared her that her own company was bankrupt.”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
“When Ben sold his house for his investment, he obviously put himself on a knife edge.”
A. He needed a knife.
B. He wanted to go somewhere.
C. He was satisfied with his decision.
D. He put himself at risk.
- Describe the time when you was in the dangerous situation. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When did it happen ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– How did you escape from the situation ?
– And do you learn any lesson from this ?
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!