Public Enemy Number One – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
Something or someone that a lot of people dislike or disapprove of.
“Smoking has become public enemy number one since the introduction of the smoking ban.”
“Littering is the public enemy number one in Singapore.”
“America’s public enemy number one in the United States is drug abuse.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“In many countries, the political corruption is always a ____________________.”
A. self-made man.
B. bread and butter.
C. public enemy number one.
D. down and outs .
- Describe the thing that people in your country hate to do. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What it is
– How it affect people’s behaviour
– And why people hate it
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!