Raise Your Game – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
work harder to achieve something.
“Time to raise your game. Work harder and you will get it.”
“This prize is very meaningful with Leo and I know he is going to raise his game to gain it.”
“If you want to pass the IELTS test with a high score, you have to raise your game.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Our competitors won an award this week. We’re really going to ____________.”
A. stuck in a rut.
B. upset the applecart.
C. raise our game.
D. tough it out.
- Describe the time when you try very hard to achieve your goal. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the goal was
– What you did to obtain it
And explain how you feel when you’ve achieved it.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017