Reinvent The Wheel- Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
wasting time trying to create something that someone else has already created
“You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Read up on what others have done. “
“We’ve had a lot of experience with disasters, and don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time something happens.“
“School committees need not reinvent the wheel every time they try to improve the curriculum.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Why ______________________ when there are drugs already on the market that are effective?“
A. down and outs
B. castles in the air
C. reinvent the wheel
D. made my hair stand on air
- Describe the mistake you have had . Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What you did
– How you fixed it
And explain why you made the mistake
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!