Sit On The Fence – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
Sit On The Fence – Idiom Of The Day
Delay making decision when you have to choose between two different options in a dispute ( Farms often have fences which separate the fields )
- John sat on the fence while his colleagues needed his opinion to finish the vote.
- Farmers sit on the fence about agricultural reform policy.
- When Jane and Tom argue, it is best to sit on the fence and not make either of them angry
1. Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“No one knows which of the candidates Joan will vote for. She’s _________________________.”
A. going all out
B. cutting things fine
C. won hands down
D. sitting on the fence
2. Describe the important decision you have made. Try to use this idiom in your speech.
You should say:
- When it happened
- What your decision was
- Who you turned for help
And explain why it was important to you
Also check :