Tough It Out – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
face a difficult situation without changing your plans or opinions
“Although the weather so harsh, we have to go there before midnight. We must find the way to tough it out.”
“Should we tough it out or should we shut down our businesses?”
“It’s a difficult situation, but if we can just tough it out, things are bound to get better soon.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“I can’t help you financially. I know things are difficult, but you’ll just have to____________”
A. stuck in a rut.
B. upset the applecart.
C. run out of patience.
D. tough it out.
- Describe the time when you faced a difficult situation. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the difficult situation was
– What you did to overcome it
And explain the lessons you learn from it.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017