Upset The Applecart – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
cause trouble or spoil people’s plans
“Remember to give me your report on Monday. You don’t want to upset the applecart, do you?.”
“I’m so sorry because of my mistakes. I definitely upset the applecart.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Let’s just agree with the plan. We don’t want to ______________”
A. stuck in a rut.
B. upset the applecart.
C. run out of patience.
D. go out like a light.
- Describe the time when you made a mistake. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What you did
– Why it was a mistake
And explain the lessons you learn from it.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017