Calamity – World of The Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Calamity (noun) /kəˈlæməti/
Definition: an event that causes great damage to people’s lives, property, etc.
Synonyms: catastrophe, disaster, adversity, tribulation
- Adj: severe, major, great, dreadful
- Verb: suffer, experience
- Japan suffered severe calamities from a terrible earthquake which completely flattened the whole capital city several years ago.
- The calamity caused by the economic crisis was dreadful.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 15, 2017