Prognostication – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Prognostication: (Noun) /prɑːɡˌnɑːstɪˈkeɪʃn/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
A statement about what you think will happen in the future
For IELTS Speaking:
“And yet rarely has a summit been preceded by such gloomy prognostications.”
“Bernstein, during our talks, confirmed this prognostication.”
“But the trouble with the picture is that it does absolutely nothing with its various prognostications except play the fool with them.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Proponents of the changes did, however, find the prognostications of their adversaries far too pessimistic and polemical.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: interpret, specific, data, formulas, principles, concept, major, area, role, establish.
- The _______________ of an arranged marriage is almost totally unknown in this country.
- The police have not yet been able to _______________ the cause of death for a man who was found floating in the river.
- The country covers a total _______________ of over 1,725 square kilometres.
- Jefferson has a largely defensive _______________ to play on the team, and is not known for scoring.
- We need an accountant to _______________ our financial statements.
- Under the Soviet system, the economy of Georgia was run on socialist _______________, such as public ownership of the means of production.
- Gasoline has no _______________ freezing point; it freezes at any temperature between -180 and -240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We had to memorize about 20 different _______________ for the math test.
- Many of the ________________ connected with the Moon are meteorological.
- Heinrich W. Brandes made the first weather map in 1815, based on _______________ gathered in 1783.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017