Advent – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Advent: (Noun) /ˈædvent/
The time when something first begins to be widely used
Coming, Arrival, Onset
With noun: Advent calendar
For IELTS Speaking:
“However, it was the advent of television which really transformed sportsmen.”
“The advent of natural gas for use in the ammonia process occurred in the early 1970s.”
“This type of person continued to visit the island until the 1960s and the advent of air travel for all.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The advent of policy activism implied an adherence to policy rules radically different from those which had been applied previously.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieve, obtained, computed, instituted, credit, advent, evaluated, assist, primary, site.
- If I can _______________ you in any way, please let me know.
- The government is looking for a _______________ on which to build a new school in this area.
- The ___________ of scientific thinking has institutionalised the idea that knowledge has to progress and can do so only through research.
- The English Program has _______________ many changes over the years in an attempt to provide an increasingly better program.
- Every employee’s work performance will be _______________ on a yearly basis.
- He _______________ a final mark of just over 80%.
- We have to give her a lot of _______________ for our success.
- The _______________ reason he has done so well at school is that he works incredibly hard.
- If you want to _______________ real progress in your speaking skills, you need to speak English as often as possible while you are here.
- The results of the poll have now been _______________, and will be distributed to the news media this afternoon.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.