Ascribe – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Ascribe: (Verb) /əˈskraɪb/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- to claim that something is caused by a particular person, situation etc
- to claim that something has been written, said, made etc by a particular person
- to believe that something or someone has a particular quality
Attribute, Impute, Accredit
Ascribe something to somebody/something
For IELTS Speaking:
“The report ascirbes the rise in childhood asthma to the increase in pollution.”
“A quotation that’s often been ascribed to Marilyn Monroe.”
“Local people ascribe healing properties to this fruit.”
For IELTS Writing:
“There seems no particular reason to ascribe economic rationality to one group and not the other.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: intervene, voluntary, simulated, dispose, file, chemical, priority, thesis, hierarchy, converting.
- I don’t like to work overtime because my number one _______________ in life is to spend time with my children.
- We’ve just finished _______________ one of the bedrooms in our house into a playroom for the children.
- Nuclear power plants produce a lot of dangerous waste that they continually need to _______________ of.
- Abraham Maslow defined a _______________ of needs which motivate man’s behaviour.
- This effort to ____________ blame makes no sense, because the dip was too small to matter.
- At least 100,000 different _______________ reactions occur in the normal human brain every second.
- The government has so far refused to _______________ in the transit strike.
- Could you please _______________ these documents for me?
- Using virtual reality, doctors can experiment with new procedures on _______________ patients.
- The muscles make _______________ or in_______________ movement of the body possible.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017