Astounding – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Astounding – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Astounding: (Adjective) /əˈstaʊndɪŋ/
so surprising that it is almost impossible to believe
Surprising, Extraordinary, Amazing
For IELTS Speaking:
“But Christopher was playing happily in hospital last night after making an astounding recovery.”
“One of them constructed the astounding rock-hewn churches at Lalibela.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Webster’s try midway through the first half was well-taken coming on the end of an astounding burst by prop Huw Williams-Jones.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: coincidence, integral, converse, militarized, unification, insubordination, unrestrained, portion, erosion, assurances .
- The economic _______________ of Europe has brought about a higher level of overall prosperity.
- The private was called before the general, and severely reprimanded for _______________ after questioning an officer’s command.
- Despite repeated _______________ that they would never raise taxes, the government increased personal income taxes within a year of being elected.
- Scientists tell us that due to _______________, Niagara Falls will disappear in 22,800 years.
- Making mistakes is an _______________ and essential part of the learning process.
- It was quite a _______________ that my neighbour and I both went to Disneyland on the same day.
- The opposition has been _______________ in its criticism of the government’s economic policy.
- The boy threw out his arm at __________________ speed and touched her face.
- Certain parts of the city are _______________ zones which only authorized personnel can enter.
- Many women and children in the north of Sudan spend a large _______________ of their day finding enough water to keep themselves and their animals alive.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.