Avarice – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Avarice: (Noun) /ˈævərɪs/
a desire to have a lot of money that is considered to be too strong
Greed, Avidity, Covetousness
For IELTS Speaking:.
“As a result of the man’s refreshing lack of avarice, a replica of the pub had to be built.”
“I interpreted his secrecy as emotional avarice.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Consuming the fruits of the Earth unrestrained, we become consumed ourselves by avarice and greed.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: backfire, canny, avowed, backbone, backdrop, carnival, cakewalk, assisted, bachelor, avarice.
- The Trojans wish to __________ the death of Hector; their misplaced values mean that patience in adversity is impossible.
- I believe that there is an authentic beauty in science and this is fervently _______ by many scientists.
- In Emor he had been rich beyond the dreams of _____________.
- He received a ________ of arts degree from Syracuse University and in the early 1950s did graduate studies in musicology at Princeton.
- This effectively creates a limited number of entry points into the _________ and simplifies network management.
- It is the ___________ to the city’s continued economic growth.
- The company’s new policy _____________ when a number of employees threatened to quit.
- Don’t expect the game against Florida to be a cakewalk ____________.
- He had real charm, which made ___________ figures such as Tolkien distrust him.
- They carried with them galvanic batteries of a type generally used for feats of entertainment at ________.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.