Banter – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Banter: (Noun) /ˈbæntər/
friendly conversation in which people make a lot of jokes with, and amusing remarks about, each other.
Conversation, Discussion, Chat
For IELTS Speaking:
“At first the other orderlies had merely seized upon it as an excuse for extra banter.”
“But his banter was a way of distracting attention from the issue at hand.”
“The good-natured banter between them excluded Marie.”
For IELTS Writing:
“He usually leaves most of his talking for the court, where he likes to hound opponents with defiant banter.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: regulate, elements, constructed, seek, appropriate, traditions, maintain, banter, community, potential.
- Employees stayed late every night to drink from the open bar and ______ about advertising concepts with their mentor.
- Most immigrants to Canada try to preserve the culture and _______________ of their home country for their children.
- Water and salt both work to _______________ the water content of the body.
- People in this _______________ want to keep the area safe for children to play in..
- I don’t really think that it is _______________ to wear jeans to the office.
- The Great Wall of China was _______________ to keep out enemy invaders.
- There are 109 different _______________ in the Periodic Table in chemistry.
- Tian Hsu works hard to _______________ close friendships with the students she studied with in London.
- My great-grandfather came to Boston to _______________ his fortune in the early 1800s.
- Scientists are only beginning to recognize the _______________ benefits of using ocean tides as a source of endless, clean energy.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.