Bedrock – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Bedrock: (Noun) /ˈbedrɑːk/
The basic ideas, features, or facts on which something is based.
Basis, Foundation, Cornerstone
With verb: form bedrock
For IELTS Speaking:
“They formed the bedrock of the college’s Black Student Society, which regularly invited guest speakers and performers.”
“They form the bedrock of our economic planet.”
“Honestly is the bedrock of any healthy relationship.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Marriage and children are the bedrock of family life.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: bedrock, obtained, compute, instituted, credit, residents, evaluated, assisted, primary, site.
- She _______________ the doctor during the operation.
- World chess champion Gary Kasparov was recently beaten by a machine which was able to _______________ its moves almost instantly.
- Fire crews rushed to the _______________ of the plane crash.
- Calcium is the _______________ mineral needed for building and maintaining strong bones.
- The government has _______________ a couple of changes to the driver’s licensing procedure in an attempt to reduce the number of accidents involving new drivers.
- He was more modest than I’d given him ________ for.
- Labour’s traditional ______________ of support is among the working classes.
- Teachers in the program are _______________ by the students at the end of each session.
- Vitamins are best _______________ through fresh fruit and vegetables, rather than by taking pills.
- Local _______________ are delighted with the new water park for children.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.