Coincidence – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Coincidence: (Noun) /kəʊˈɪnsɪd(ə)ns/
When two things happened at the same time, in the same place, or to the same people in a way that seems surprising or unusual.
sheer, pure, mere, happy, lucky, fortunate, unfortunate, strange, curious, remarkable, amazing, extraordinary coincidence.
For IELTS Speaking:
“By coincidence, Jane and I both study at a University of Economics.”
“It was sheer coincidence that we were staying in the same hotel.“
For IELTS Writing:
“It was a coincidence that three earthquakes happened across the world in one week.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: coincidence, integral, converse, militarized, unification, insubordination, unrestrained, portion, erosion, assurances .
- The economic _______________ of Europe has brought about a higher level of overall prosperity.
- The private was called before the general, and severely reprimanded for _______________ after questioning an officer’s command.
- Despite repeated _______________ that they would never raise taxes, the government increased personal income taxes within a year of being elected.
- Scientists tell us that due to _______________, Niagara Falls will disappear in 22,800 years.
- Making mistakes is an _______________ and essential part of the learning process.
- It was quite a _______________ that my neighbour and I both went to Disneyland on the same day.
- The opposition has been _______________ in its criticism of the government’s economic policy.
- The old woman claims to _______________ regularly with beings on another planet.
- Certain parts of the city are _______________ zones which only authorized personnel can enter.
- Many women and children in the north of Sudan spend a large _______________ of their day finding enough water to keep themselves and their animals alive.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.