Consensus – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Consensus: (Noun) /kənˈsensəs/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
An opinion that everyone in a group agrees with or accepts
Agreement, Accord, Consent.
With verbs: reach/ achieve/ build/ grow/ reflect/ seek a consensus.
With adjectives: national/ international/ clear/ moral/ political/ scientific/ social/ strong consensus
With nouns: consensus estimate/ politic/ view/ sequence
For IELTS Speaking:
“The international consensus seems to be that any return will be only to the West Bank and Gaza Strip.”
“Be that as it may, there now exists a political consensus in favour of the complete monetary integration of the Community.”
“There is unlikely to be a consensus view amongst the parents or even in the staff room about standards in these matters.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Then you achieve consensus that the illegal traffic in marijuana, cocaine and heroin, principally, creates its own trillion-dollar economy”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: consensus, constitutes, identify, occurred, issue, derived, theorists, process, assumed, sector.
- It is important to learn a _______________ which will help you to guess the meaning of new vocabulary from context.
- Many words in English are _______________ from French.
- The accident _______________ about 9:00 this morning.
- An important _______________ under discussion in the world of sport today is the participation of professional athletes in the Olympic Games.
- Jobs in the tourism _______________ have risen by over 5% this year.
- The problem is compounded by the lack of clear __________ about the purpose or even the nature of education.
- When you didn’t come to work I just _______________ that you were sick.
- The woman was unable to _______________ the man who stole her purse because it had been too dark at the time of the robbery.
- Canada’s aboriginal population _______________ a small but important part of our country.
- Many _______________ now believe that vocabulary development is even more important than grammar study for second language learners.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!