Consent- Word Of The Day For IELTS
Consent- Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Consent: (Noun) /kənˈsɛnt/
Permission to do something
Authorization, Permission, Assent
With adjective: informed/ mutual/ parental/ prior consent
With verb: give/ grant/ inform/ need/ obtain/ refuse/ require/ sign consent
For IELTS Speaking:.
“He took the car without the owner’s consent.”
“A patient can refuse consent for a particular treatment at any time.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Health authorities are advised that introduction of new screening programmes requires ethical research committee consent.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: maximise, remove, sufficient, coordinate, framework, demonstrated, volume, instance, consent, physical.
- The Red Cross is trying to _______________ relief efforts aimed at aiding the victims of Sunday’s earthquake.
- To _______________ profits, I suggest we reduce our unit price in order to sell a greater volume of product.
- Please _______________ your shoes when you come into the house.
- The curriculum guide provides a _______________ for new teachers to refer to when making lesson plans.
- You have to get your parents’ _______________ in order to come on the field trip to the lake.
- Recent research has _______________ a clear link between smoking parents and ear infections in children.
- A further _______________ of computer problems occurred this morning.
- The best way to lose weight is to do regular _______________ activity.
- Two hours should be _______________ time to finish the work.
- Fresh apples float because 25 percent of their _______________ is air.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.