Conspicuous – Word Of The Day For IELTS Writing & Speaking
Conspicuous /kənˈspɪkjuəs/ (a): easy to see or notice; likely to attract attention
Synonyms: visible, noticeable, discernible, apparent, obvious
Antonyms: inconspicuous, unnoticeable, obscure
- We are trying to help Lily find her missing puppy and already have missing announcements posted in all conspicuous places.
- When was the last time you had a good night sleep? The dark circles under your eyes are horribly conspicuous.
- I felt uncomfortably conspicuous in this designer dress.
- The conference was a conspicuous success that paved the way for our next step to penetrate South East Asia market.
- Nathan conducted his presentation on the next marketing campaign with such conspicuous confidence and assertion.
- Nikki’s confession of being a victim of domestic abuse left us in conspicuous silence and stunned surprise since she has always seemed to be cheerful and lively.
- Income inequality between male and female is another conspicuous evidence of gender discrimination in professional workplace.
Pave the way: to be a preparation which will make it possible for something to happen in the future
Conduct (v): to organize and/or do a particular activity
Assertion (n): the act of stating, using or claiming something strongly
Penetrate (v): to succeed in entering or joining an organization, a group, etc. especially when this is difficult to do
Domestic abuse (n): family violence
Inequality (n): the unfair difference between groups of people in society, when some have more wealth, status or opportunities than others
Discrimination (n): the practice of treating somebody or a particular group in society less fairly than others
Latest posts by Alessa (see all)
- State-Of-The-Art – Word Of The Day For IELTS - April 27, 2017
- Aggravate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing - March 17, 2017
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - March 17, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!