Conspicuous – Word Of The Day For IELTS Writing & Speaking
Conspicuous /kənˈspɪkjuəs/ (a): easy to see or notice; likely to attract attention
Synonyms: visible, noticeable, discernible, apparent, obvious
Antonyms: inconspicuous, unnoticeable, obscure
- We are trying to help Lily find her missing puppy and already have missing announcements posted in all conspicuous places.
- When was the last time you had a good night sleep? The dark circles under your eyes are horribly conspicuous.
- I felt uncomfortably conspicuous in this designer dress.
- The conference was a conspicuous success that paved the way for our next step to penetrate South East Asia market.
- Nathan conducted his presentation on the next marketing campaign with such conspicuous confidence and assertion.
- Nikki’s confession of being a victim of domestic abuse left us in conspicuous silence and stunned surprise since she has always seemed to be cheerful and lively.
- Income inequality between male and female is another conspicuous evidence of gender discrimination in professional workplace.
Pave the way: to be a preparation which will make it possible for something to happen in the future
Conduct (v): to organize and/or do a particular activity
Assertion (n): the act of stating, using or claiming something strongly
Penetrate (v): to succeed in entering or joining an organization, a group, etc. especially when this is difficult to do
Domestic abuse (n): family violence
Inequality (n): the unfair difference between groups of people in society, when some have more wealth, status or opportunities than others
Discrimination (n): the practice of treating somebody or a particular group in society less fairly than others
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!