Cosmopolitan – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Cosmopolitan: (Noun) /ˌkɑːzməˈpɑːlɪtən/
someone who has travelled a lot and feels at home in any part of the world
For IELTS Speaking:
“Hassan is a French-speaking cosmopolitan.”
“Of course, better lounges and bartenders understand the classical value of martinis and cosmopolitans.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Vernacular cosmopolitans are compelled to make a tryst with cultural translation as an act of survival.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: cosmopolitans, transferred, aspect, normal, previous, selected, injury, complex, equated, relevant.
- Patricia Chan has been _______________ to represent this company at the New York conference.
- Politics are too _______________ for me to understand, and I don’t even know who to vote for.
- Teaching students to have realistic expectations is an important _______________ of second language instruction.
- Locals were found to have more power than _______________.
- Please ensure that you attach all the _______________ documents to your application.
- The African continent is often _______________ with images of starving children, but many of the people there live quite comfortably.
- The original inhabitants of New Zealand, the Maori, _______________ their history down the generations largely by word of mouth.
- His knee _______________ prevented him from playing professional basketball.
- Other than the fact that he was born with two heads, he is a fairly _______________ sort of guy.
- On April 15th, 1865, American president Abraham Lincoln died after being shot in the head the _______________ night.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.