Crucial – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking And Writing
Crucial – Word of the Day
Crucial: (Adjective) /ˈkruː.ʃəl/
Something that is crucial is extremely important because everything else depends on it.
Important, Vital, Essential, Indispensable.
IELTS Actual Test Questions (July - October 2022)
4.8 of 5
4.6 of 5
4.8 of 5
4.8 of 5
A crucial factor/point/issue/stage/decision/element.
For IELTS Speaking :
“Parents play a crucial role in preparing their children for adult life.”
“The city was regarded as crucial to the area’s defence.”
For IELTS Writing :
“Technology plays a crucial role in modern life.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: crucial, appended, reinforced, highlight, clarify, intense, theme, visual, drama, plus.
- This government needs to _______________ its position on the issue, as no one is quite sure what they intend.
- She studied _______________ in high school, and hopes to go into acting.
- It is _______________ that you get regular exercise if you want to lose weight.
- Firefighters had difficulty approaching the burning building due to the _______________ heat.
- The cost is $5, _______________ $0.85 in tax.
- Standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower and looking out over the city in the evening was the _______________ of my visit to Paris.
- The director’s name is _______________ to all official documents.
- She is studying the _______________ arts; painting, drawing, and that sort of thing at college.
- The main _______________ of the novel is the importance of love in human relationships.
- The United Nation’s choice of Canada as one of the best countries in the world to live in has _______________ this country’s good reputation abroad.