Debatable – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Debatable: (Adjective) /dɪˈbeɪtəbl/
Not certain because people can have different ideas and opinions about the thing being discussed.
Controversial, Arguable, Questionable.
Highly, Very debatable
For IELTS Speaking:
“This is a highly debatable point.”
“Whether he actually wanted that one was debatable, but he certainly acted pleased with it.”
For IELTS Writing:
“It is highly debatable whether conditions have improved for low-income families.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: debatable, ethnicity, implications, retain, overall, commitment, labelled, prior, sums, apparently.
- I wasn’t there, but _______________ it was a great party.
- The decision of the international trade commission has serious _______________ for the Canadian farming industry.
- Waste products are routinely _______________ as agricultural, industrial or municipal.
- Studies suggest that _______________, more people dream in black-and-white than in colour.
- Following the collapse of communism in Europe, the people of Serbia voted to _______________ their Socialist government.
- It is _______________ whether or not living together before marriage reduces the chance of divorce.
- She broke up with her boyfriend because he didn’t seem to want to make the _______________ to having a serious relationship.
- His _______________ is unclear; he has both Asian and African features.
- Despite its small size, Switzerland spends huge _______________ of money on aid to developing countries.
- He worked as a translator _______________ to becoming an ESL teacher.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.