Decry – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Decry: (Verb) /dɪˈkraɪ/
to state publicly that you do not approve of something
Criticise, Blame, Condemn
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Loisel decried the election results.”
“Others may decry competitions for their tendency to emphasise technique over artistry, conformity over originality.”
For IELTS Writing:
“In organisations with scarce resources political activity is inevitable and only the naive decry it.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: achieve, obtained, decry, instituted, credit, residents, evaluated, assist, primary, site.
- If I can _______________ you in any way, please let me know.
- The government is looking for a _______________ on which to build a new school in this area.
- Firemen had to evacuate the elderly _______________ of a local nursing home after smoke was seen coming from one of the rooms.
- The English Program has _______________ many changes over the years in an attempt to provide an increasingly better program.
- Every employee’s work performance will be _______________ on a yearly basis.
- He _______________ a final mark of just over 80%.
- We have to give her a lot of _______________ for our success.
- The _______________ reason he has done so well at school is that he works incredibly hard.
- If you want to _______________ real progress in your speaking skills, you need to speak English as often as possible while you are here.
- And baseball will certainly have more critics ready to __________ well-heeled owners buying pennants.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.