Diminish – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking and Writing
Diminish: (Verb) /dɪˈmɪn.ɪʃ/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
To become or make something become smaller or less.
Reduce, Decline, Decrease, Fall, Drop.
For IELTS Speaking:
“The average rainfall has diminished by around 30 percent.”
“Support for the government is steadily diminishing.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Unemployment rate has diminished in the past few months.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: found, diminish, route, bulk, norm, concurrent, qualitative, team, accommodate, mature.
The _______________ of India’s thriving movie industry is based in Bombay.
- Falling to sleep to the sounds of bombs and gunfire has become the _______________ for many children living in war-torn countries.
The little boy forgot to deliver a newspaper to one of the houses on his _______________, so he had to go back after supper.
My grandfather helped _______________ this company over 75 years ago.
- He was really disappointed after his _______________ lost the game 10 – 1.
With people having fewer kids these days, the local school can easily _______________ all the children in the area.
Cooking and freezing do not _______________ the spicy heat of a hot pepper.
- Human speech is a vast _______________ expansion over animal communication systems.
Kate is only 7 years old, but she is very _______________ for her age, and is often mistaken for a 10-year-old.
The murderer is serving two _______________ life-sentences.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!