Diminish – Word Of The Day
Diminish – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking and Writing
Diminish: (Verb) /dɪˈmɪn.ɪʃ/
To become or make something become smaller or less.
Reduce, Decline, Decrease, Fall, Drop.
For IELTS Speaking:
“The average rainfall has diminished by around 30 percent.”
“Support for the government is steadily diminishing.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Unemployment rate has diminished in the past few months.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: found, diminish, route, bulk, norm, concurrent, qualitative, team, accommodate, mature.
- The _______________ of India’s thriving movie industry is based in Bombay.
- Falling to sleep to the sounds of bombs and gunfire has become the _______________ for many children living in war-torn countries.
- The little boy forgot to deliver a newspaper to one of the houses on his _______________, so he had to go back after supper.
- My grandfather helped _______________ this company over 75 years ago.
- He was really disappointed after his _______________ lost the game 10 – 1.
- With people having fewer kids these days, the local school can easily _______________ all the children in the area.
- Cooking and freezing do not _______________ the spicy heat of a hot pepper.
- Human speech is a vast _______________ expansion over animal communication systems.
- Kate is only 7 years old, but she is very _______________ for her age, and is often mistaken for a 10-year-old.
- The murderer is serving two _______________ life-sentences.
Post your Comments