Engender – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Engender: (Verb) /ɪnˈdʒendər/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
to be the cause of a situation or feeling
Arouse, Beget, Generate
For IELTS Speaking:.
“A magic bridle may be used to tame a kelpie temporarily, though this will engender great rage in the creature.”
“Although the plot failed, the reaction it engendered is significant.”
“That sudden creativity has engendered its own literature.”
For IELTS Writing:
“This failure must be ascribed, more than anything else, to the arrogant over-confidence engendered by our early victories.”
Match the word below to complete these sentences.
fabricated, perfection, engender, glossy, gluttony, settlement
- They have facts, figures, glossy brochures, ……………. lawyers and beatific smiles.
- It was a very entertaining, albeit …………………. film
- She has committed several sins, greed and ……………… being high on the list
- The veggies were cooked to …………….., with no distracting crunchiness to contend with, and the flavors blended together gloriously.
- The treaty guaranteed the peaceful ……………….. of disputes between the two countries.
- This new reality helped …………………….. a more sensitive ecclesial approach to the plight of Catholics in broken marriages.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!