Evoke – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Evoke – /ɪˈvəʊk/ (Verb)
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
to produce a strong feeling or memory in someone
Arouse, Provoke, Recall
- Adverb: Also, Still
- Noun: Atmosphere, Event, Image, Memory, Name, Reaction, Response, Sense
- The photographs evoked strong memories of our holidays in France
- His appearance is bound to evoke sympathy
- Her speech evoked a hostile response.
Try to use this word “evoke” in your speech
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic
Describe a special meal that you remember having.
You should say:
- where you had the meal
- who you were with
- when you had it
- and explain why it was a special meal to you.
I still remember the birthday party that I had when I’m 25. I came back to my country after 3 years studying master degree in Australia. When I arrived at the airport, I visualised that there would be lots of people welcoming me so I rushed to home . All of my best friends and families were at home and surprised me with flowers and presents. That night, my mom cooked lots of my favorite food like pizza, mushroom risotto. It was a long time since I ate traditional food so I tucked in every dish happily. I had this food in Australia but the taste wasn’t as tasty as in my hometown. The flavour, the smell evoked memories that I had before. That was the best meal in my life as everything was mouth-watering and fresh. The meal is so special to me as it is a reunion after a long time and I still feel touching whenever I think about it. I was over the moon because of their affection for me. It was a night to remember as we chatted about many things and took lots of photos to capture that moment. The memory still brings tears to my eyes and it’s the best meal in my life.
- rush to
- tuck in
- evoke memories
- over the moon
- a night to remember
- capture that moment
- brings tears to sb’s eyes
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!