Exclude- Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Exclude: (Verb) /ɪkˈskluːd/
To deliberately not include something or not allow someone to take part in something, especially in a way that seems wrong or unfair.
Omit, Leave out, Miss out
With noun: Analysis/ Area/ Benefit/ Clause/ Consideration/ Disease/ Evidence/ Group/ Liability/ Party/ Policy/ School/ Study
With verb: Feel/ Include/ Purport/ Seek
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The remaining students were excluded from the analysis.”
“In other words, women’s caring responsibilities are being used as a ground for excluding them from benefits.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Extending the rights of man to women is not just another expansion of the social contract to include another excluded group.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, rely, exclude, locate, deduce, specify, initial, philosophy, convened, component.
- It is important to learn a process which will help you to _______________ the meaning of new vocabulary from context.
- The United Nations has _______________ a special meeting to deal with the conflict in the Middle East.
- We had a few _______________ problems that were soon worked out.
- Police are trying to _______________ a little girl who got separated from her parents while shopping.
- You must have a _______________ reason if you want to reschedule your test.
- Problem solving is a major _______________ of many science courses.
- The children are very mean to the little boy, and _______________ him from all their games.
- You can _______________ on Francis to do the job well; she is an excellent worker.
- We didn’t _______________ a time exactly, but we’ll probably meet at the restaurant around noon.
- My _______________ in life is to have fun, and enjoy myself without doing anything to hurt the people around me.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.