Fatality – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Fatality: (Noun) /fəˈtæləti/
- a death in an accident or a violent attack
- the fact that a disease is certain to cause death
- the feeling that you cannot control what happens to you
Accident, Casualty, Disaster
With noun: fatality rate
For IELTS Speaking:
“Severe deliriumtremens has a fatality rate of 20%, higher than any drug except the barbiturates.”
“According to the National Fire Protection Association, we have the highest fatality rate from fire in the industrial world.”
“But there were no fatalities and the number of accidents for older riders was falling.”
For IELTS Writing:
“A further adjustment is required for direct costs associated with a fatality that are not borne by the family of the victim.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: varies, context, authority, labour, export, requires, income, significant, fatalities, distribute.
- He is a well-known _______________ on the language used by bees to communicate the location of food.
- The amount of rain we receive _______________ from year to year of course, but this year has been very dry.
- This airline seat-sale _______________ you to book your ticket at least a month in advance.
- Six months on, few of the fish have grown and ___________ have begun to occur.
- It is generally quite difficult to raise a family on a single _______________ in Canada today, so very often both parents work full-time.
- Management is meeting with _______________ to begin discussions on a new contract.
- Could you please _______________ the answer sheets while I hand out the tests?
- Vocabulary is generally easier to understand if you look at it in _______________.
- We have noticed a _______________ improvement in Teddy’s attitude since you had a talk with him.
- In the future, Canada will be under great pressure to _______________ fresh water to the United States.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.