Feral – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Feral – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Feral: (Adjective) /ˈferəl/
feral animals used to live with humans but have become wild
Wild, Ferocious, Savage
For IELTS Speaking:.
“A feral world of backbiting malice, veiled threats, liars and blackmailers.”
“Resembling a feral cat, it could be identified by its fox’s tail and shining, mirror-like eyes.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Interbreeding with feral cats is probably the biggest threat to the wildcat.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: crucial, appended, reinforced, highlighted, feral, intense, theme, visually, dramatically, plus.
- He had light brown hair and a _________ quality about him that made people do what he wanted.
- The opposition leader’s speech _______________ the need for an increase in health care spending in our province.
- The media often _______________ stereotypes regarding minorities.
- There are over 20 pages of grammar notes _______________ to the dictionary.
- The number of young people starting smoking dropped _______________ when the government raised taxes on cigarettes by over 10%.
- The twin attributes of language and culture have been _______________ in enabling the human species to adapt to a wide range of conditions and environments.
- Peace is the dominant _______________ in Islam; peace with Allah, with one’s soul, with family and friends, and with all living creatures.
- Four people have died in the _______________ cold which has hit Southern Ontario and Quebec this past weekend.
- Crocodiles and alligators sometimes communicate _______________ through body language.
- The ability to speak a foreign language is a real _______________ in today’s job market.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.