Ferment – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Ferment – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Ferment: (Verb) /fərˈment/
if fruit, beer, wine etc ferments, or if it is fermented, the sugar in it changes to alcohol
Bacteria, Enzyme, Bacterium
For IELTS Speaking:
“At the beginning of the season, when the vegetation within is actively fermenting, it may overheat.”
“If the temperature is too low the beer will stop fermenting.”
“Set the bucket in the position where you intend to ferment the beer.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Given an adequate amount of glucose, the ethanol content of a fermenting liquid rises until it reaches about 12 percent.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: ferment, context, authority, labour, export, requires, income, significant, percentage, distribute.
- He is a well-known _______________ on the language used by bees to communicate the location of food.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce takes a full 6 months to naturally ______________, just like a fine wine.
- This airline seat-sale _______________ you to book your ticket at least a month in advance.
- I think that the _______________ of students that have to repeat a level in this program is usually about 25% or less.
- It is generally quite difficult to raise a family on a single _______________ in Canada today, so very often both parents work full-time.
- Management is meeting with _______________ to begin discussions on a new contract.
- Could you please _______________ the answer sheets while I hand out the tests?
- Vocabulary is generally easier to understand if you look at it in _______________.
- We have noticed a _______________ improvement in Teddy’s attitude since you had a talk with him.
- In the future, Canada will be under great pressure to _______________ fresh water to the United States.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.