Forsake – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Forsake – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Forsake: (Verb) /fərˈseɪk/
to stop doing, using or having something that you enjoy
Quit, Give up
For IELTS Speaking:.
“She forsook the glamour of the city and went to live in the wilds of Scotland..”
“He will never forsake his vegetarian principles.”
For IELTS Writing:
“They have a certain vibrancy, an eye-catching quality, and they go for impact without forsaking good taste.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: function, consist, estimate, method, involves, proceed, structure, assess, define, forsaken.
- The test will _______________ of a series of true or false questions and two essay questions.
- The traditional family _______________ has undergone a great many changes in the last few decades, due to the increase in the divorce rate.
- More than 80 older men and women have …………….. retirement to help at local schools.
- Attention passengers on flight 514 to Honolulu. Please _______________ to gate 33 where your plane is now boarding.
- I don’t think hitting children is a very effective _______________ of teaching them anything.
- We will use the first week of classes to _______________ your speaking ability.
- Nick’s job as a salesman _______________ a lot of travelling around the province.
- The _______________ of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body.
- His _______________ for the renovations to our house was $2,250.
- It can be quite difficult to clearly _______________ abstract ideas such as love or friendship.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.