Get The Picture – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
Imagining your friend are describe a beautiful scenery, and you almost drew all the detail of this scenery in your brain. In other words, you got the picture.
To get the point or understand what it means.
Jane: “The bridge has to move up like this so the boat can get through” – Kris: “Oh, I get the picture.”
“Could you get the picture when I presented the plan for our journey?”
“I’m sorry, but I couldn’t get the picture of this. It is too complicated to understand.”
- Read a conversation and answer the question below
Mike: “Hi Andrew, I think we should make a long-term plan for our project that we have to do next month.”
Andrew: “Of course, it will be assessed our final grade, right?”
Mike: “Yes, Dr Jone said that. I think it is a little bit sophisticated, but we just need to write the first draft of introduction and then we run an interview with high school students so that we collect data before analysing it in our research.”
Andrew: “Oh, I get the picture.”
What does Andrew mean when he said: “Oh, I get the picture.”?
A. He doesn’t understand what Mike said.
B. He wants to draw the picture for their research.
C. He will add the picture to their plan.
D. He totally understands what Mike said.
- Fill the gap.
“Because my tutor explains carefully about the requirement as well as the method to do it, I obviously get the ………. in the next assignment.”
Doing the idiom exercise is the best way to memorise and use them correctly.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!