How to Get a Job in Canada from India in 2022
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 Why is Canada the top choice amongst Indians?
- 1.1 Is there a prerequisite for applying for jobs in Canada from India?
- 1.2 How to get a job in Canada from India?
- 1.3 What are the ways of increasing your chances of getting a job in Canada?
Are you an Indian looking for a job opportunity in Canada? Do you want to know the ways to acquire a job in Canada from India?
Well, read through the following information to know more details about it.
Canada has long been a popular immigration option for Indians who want to settle in another country. This is because Canada has better living conditions and a higher quality of life. Apart from that, there is a huge demand for skilled workers in Canada.
Why is Canada the top choice amongst Indians?
There is a huge demand for Indians working in the IT sector and managerial positions. When it comes to job and growth possibilities, Canada has a lot to offer. There are a variety of employment possibilities accessible for people from diverse fields, and the mix of growth potential and compensation packages makes these professions more attractive.
Is there a prerequisite for applying for jobs in Canada from India?
In order to apply for Canadian jobs, an individual must first acquire the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Document proof of previous employment
- Identification proof
- Visa permit
- Canada job offer (if acquired)
How to get a job in Canada from India?
Revamp your resume
The first step in finding a job in Canada is to update your CV to suit the standards of the Canadian labour market. Because every company in Canada receives hundreds of resumes each year, it’s critical to do your homework before creating your CV, as it’s critical that your resume catches the eye of the recruiting manager. To create an impact in the Canadian market, make sure your CV meets Canadian market requirements.
Make an account on various job search portals.
This is the second stage of the job search process in Canada. Many individuals in India frequently inquire about how to apply for jobs in Canada India. Because all companies list new job openings on Canadian employment portals, Indians must search for Canadian job vacancies on such websites. Some of the most well-known portals are:
- Job Bank: Immigrants were formerly required to register with job bank websites as part of the immigration procedure. IRCC eventually removed it from the required category. This site allows candidates with qualifying express entry profiles to create an account. This website provides free information on a variety of jobs and careers in Canada.
- Immigration Consultants: Immigration consultants who provide job assistance services help you acquire a job in Canada.
- Service Canada: This website offers a variety of useful services and information about employment openings.
- LinkedIn: Social media channels like LinkedIn have become quite popular amongst corporate professionals for hiring individuals. Hence, one should look for Canadian job opportunities on this platform.
Find relevant jobs on portals.
After you’ve posted your job openings on these sites, look through the classified job sections to discover which firms are recruiting. If you are unable to locate employment that fits your work description, you can attend local job fairs to boost your chances of meeting employers. After you’ve found and submitted appropriate positions, you should wait for the company to contact you.
If the agency selects your resume, they will call you. And if the employer contacts you, you should be ready for a face-to-face interview. Since things have changed now, most of the interviews take place through video calls. Hence, there’s a high possibility that you will be asked to appear for the interview through a video meeting.
Error: Your Requested widget " custom_html-54" is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area copy-right-sec]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-button]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-20"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-mobile]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-21"]
- [do_widget_area counseling-section-text]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-4"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-2]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-3]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-7"]
- [do_widget_area footer-sidebar-4]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-8"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-1]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-13"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-48"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-2"]
- [do_widget id="media_image-3"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-18"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-66"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-65"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-64"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-63"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-62"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-60"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-56"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-55"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-54"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-53"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-52"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-51"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-50"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-47"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-39"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-38"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-37"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-36"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-35"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-34"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-33"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-32"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-31"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-30"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-59"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-29"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-58"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-57"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-22"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-23"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-24"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-25"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-26"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-28"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-27"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
What are the ways of increasing your chances of getting a job in Canada?
Various methods can help you increase your chance of getting a job in Canada.
Following are some of those major methods:
It is relatively easy for someone to find jobs if they have a network of established relationships. Networking helps a candidate to broaden their search for a job, expanding their search region and aiding in the quest for employment in Canada’s hidden job market.
Volunteering means that you perform the service willingly and without pay. You will be able to get Canadian job experience and demonstrate your willingness to work hard by volunteering.
Look for a Mentor
Many Canadian professionals and business people are willing to help newcomers with free advice and coaching. You can find someone to mentor you through some of the following organizations like – Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS), Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC), Calgary Region Immigrant Employment Council (CRIEC), Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) and Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC).
Canada work permit
Having a work permit in Canada might improve your chances of acquiring a job. Employers prefer to recruit persons who already have a Canada PR or work visa and are legally permitted to work in the country.
International Transfer by Company
If you work for a multinational corporation with a presence in Canada, you may be considered for a project in the country. This is a risky option because it is based on your performance and the preferences of your employers. If you are one of the fortunate few sent to Canada with a job, you should take advantage of it by applying for a Canadian PR after 1 or 2 years of hard labour. This option is best suited for applicants who already work for a large corporation and are most likely to stay with the same organization if they relocate to Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to acquire a job in Canada before immigrating?
How will a job offer impact my immigration process?
What are the various programs through which I can immigrate to Canada?
What is the quickest way to get a job in Canada?
Can I get a job after moving to Canada?