Identical – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking and Writing
Identical: (Adjective) /aɪˈden.tɪ.kəl/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Exactly the same, or very similar
Indistinguishable, Equal, Exact.
With Verb: Appear/be/look/seem/remain identical.
With Adverb: Absolutely/completely/exactly/almost/more or less/practically/virtually identical
With Preposition: Identical to/with/in
For IELTS Speaking:
“The ingredients are identical with those of competing products.”
“The sisters were identical in appearance and character.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Twins, being of identical ages, are usually even better matched on environmental variables during upbringing than are siblings.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: isolated, topical, classical, dynamically, solely, adapted, coupled, prohibition, finite, identical.
- Folk and _______________ arts are an important part of traditional life in Indonesia.
The _______________ expanding high-tech industry has been fuelling the economy of this region for the past decade.
No two individuals of the same species are _______________.
Dale Carnegie once advised, “Remember; happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends _______________ on what you think.”
Neil Armstrong once said, “I believe every human has a _______________ number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine.”
Genetic engineering may someday allow scientists to _______________ and treat specific genes responsible for a variety of illnesses.
His skills, _______________ with his education, should guarantee him a good job.
Cloning and genetics are very _______________ issues these days.
There is a _______________ against feeding birds at airports, due to the danger birds pose to planes.
The human species is so well _______________ to life on this planet that it now dominates all other species on Earth.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!