Idiom: Accidentally on Purpose
Accidentally on Purpose – Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking
If you do something accidentally on purpose, you intend to do it but you pretend that it was an accident
- I accidentally on purpose erased my teacher’s email address, so I couldn’t contact her again.
- If I,accidentally on purpose, forget to bring her address with us, we won’t be able to visit her after all.
Note about Idioms in IELTS
You should be really careful when using idioms in your IELTS speaking test. You can only be sure that you are using an idiom correctly if you have seen or heard it used in context. If you’ve only seen the idiom on a list, don’t use it because it can make your speech forced and unnatural.
What we are trying to do in this category (Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking) is to teach idioms specifically for using on your IELTS Speaking test.
So, keep checking out Idiom of the day on IELTS Material website daily.
If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Click here to return to the homepage, or click one of the links below to check out more great IELTS stuff.
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking
- Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking food
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Books
- Word of The Day
- IELTS Recent Exam Questions
- Idioms for IELTS Speaking
Post your Comments