Idiom – It’s a small world.
It’s a small world – Idiom of the day
said to show your surprise that people or events in different places are connected.
If we were to track the origin of this idiom, there’s none but it has been a part of Spanish-speaking countries for hundreds of years. In Spanish, it is said as ‘El mundo es un panuelo’
- My kindergarten teacher is your mother. What a small world!
- I found my watch at the antique shop in Chennai. Small world, isn’t it?
- I had absolutely no contact with them since high school and then I bumped into him yesterday at the mall. It’s a small world!
- I feel extremely glad to have met you here. It’s a small world.
- I can’t believe I met you in London and not India though we both are from there. It’s a small world.
Sam: Wait! How do you know her?
Farzana: She’s my cousin. How do you know her?
Sam: She’s my best friend. Wow. What a small world!
Anita: I am surprised! So, does this mean we were in the same class in middle school?
Nita: Yes, I just saw the class picture yesterday. Small world, isn’t it?