Idiom – Run Around like a Headless Chicken
Run Around like a Headless Chicken – Idiom of the Day
To do things in a much-unorganized way.
It originated in England during the 14th century when chopped off the heads of chicken with the axe’s help. During the process, few chickens in pain and fear were running here and there, crashing into each other with half-cut hanging heads.
- Ben ran around like a headless chicken after missing his bus.
- One should be well prepared for everything in advance not to end up running around like headless chickens.
- Meera is a very disorganized student, always running around like a headless chicken to complete her work at the last minute.
- After failing to complete the given task on time, Mike ran around like a headless chicken in the office.
- “You should have completed your work earlier, now you are running around like a headless chicken.”
- Bobby did not enquire about the availability of a bed before reaching the hospital. Now he is running around like a headless chicken to find a bed.
- I like to organise my things, and I hate people who do not complete their work on time and run around like a headless chicken at the last minute.
- Neeraj ran around like a headless chicken after he missed his flight to India.
Son: Hurry, Mom! We are getting late for the appointment. I need to get back home and do a lot of things today. I am already feeling tense.
Mother: I think you should relax and organise your day. You cannot run around like a headless chicken all day.