In Section 1 of the IELTS listening exam, you may have to complete a form. Normally, each answer is one or two words.
In Section 1, the information is factual; for example, dates, telephone numbers and places.
In IELTS Reading exam, follow the instructions carefully. In tasks that ask you to summarize, the following instructions apply:
1) You are told how many words you can use in your answer.
2) Numbers can be written using words or figures. A number or symbol counts as one word.
3) Hyphenated words count as single words.
In Academic Writing Task 1, don’t forget that you are not expected to give your opinion on the information you are given.
You should merely describe the information factually.
In IELTS Speaking exam, when you have to answer questions in Part 1, think for a moment before you respond.
You can use conversation fillers such as, “Let me think for a moment” or “What an interesting question!”.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018