Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND /OR A NUMBER for each answer
Architecture 21 conference
Conference dates 1__________________
Conference venue 2__________________
Reservations phone no. 3__________________
Student rate per day 4__________________
Contact person 5__________________
Must act fast!
- Closing date for talks 6__________________
- Summary should have 7__________________
- Maximum length 8__________________
- Also send 9__________________
Email address 10_________________ @uniconf.edu.au
Write NO MORE THAN FOUR WORDS OR A NUMBER for the answer.
The house was built between 11_____________________
Tick one letter A-C.
It was originally constructed as a/an:
A. family home
C. public house
Questions 13 -15
Write NO MORE THAN FOUR WORDS for each answer.
The house contains art from: 13________________
Until recently, the art gallery was: 14________________
Tomorrow’s talk will be on: 15________________
Write NO MORE THAN FOUR WORDS for each answer.
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria or: 16_________________
You can choose between an English breakfast or: 17__________________
A car park was built because of an increase in: 18_______________
The garden contains many: 19__________________
The animals at Apsley House are all: 20___________________
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
21 Which college does Chris suggest would be best?
A. Leeds Conservatory of Contemporary Music
B. The Henry Music Institute
C. The Academy in London
22 What entry requirements are common to all the colleges?
A. an audition
B. an essay
C. an interview
23 How much does the course at Leeds Conservatory of Contemporary Music cost?
A. £6,000 a year
B. £7,000 a year
C. £8,000 a year
24 What other expenses are payable to the colleges?
A. application fee
C. train fare
25 When is the deadline for Leeds Conservatory of Contemporary Music?
A. January 9th
B. January 19th
C. January 30th
Which facilities do the colleges have?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to questions 26-30.
A. large gardens
B. multiple sites
C. practice rooms
D. recording studio
E. research facility
F. student canteen G technology suite
G. technology suite
26. Northdown College
27. The Academy in London
28. Leeds Conservatory of Contemporary Music
29. The Henry Music Institute
30. The James Academy of Music
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF ART AND MUSIC
31. According to the speaker, art and music can benefit patients’ emotional, _________________ and physical well-being.
32. Florence Nightingale first noted the improvements in the year _____________________.
33. The results of many studies did not prove a link between health and art as they were rarely ______________________.
34. The American study looked at the effects of architecture on patients’ ____________________.
35. The patients who were in a ward with a ____________________ were not in hospital for as long and needed less medication.
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Recent Research Projects
|Type of patient||Type of art/music||Effect on patients||Other improvements|
|Unborn babies||36 _____________||heart rate increased||mother felt relaxed|
|Cancer patient||37 _____________||38 _____________||improvements in well-being|
|39 _____________||eased anxiety||40 staff _____________|
1. 18TH – 20TH OCTOBER
2. THE PACIFIC HOTEL
6. LAST FRIDAY
7. AN INTERESTING TITLE
8. 300 WORDS
9. BRIEF CV/ SHORT CV (CURRICULUM VITAE)
13. ALL OVER EUROPE
14. CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
15. THE ART GALLERY
16. YOUR ROOM
17. VEGETARIAN FOOD
19. WILD ANIMALS
20. VERY FRIENDLY
- STRICTLY CONTROLLED
- RECOVERY TIME
- NICE VIEW
36 .LIVE MUSIC
- ARTISTIC PICTURES
- (FELT) LESS PAIN
- (SOOTHING) CLASSICAL (MUSIC)
- STAFRFELT / WERE) HAPPIER
BONUS EXERCISE: GAP-FILLING
The texts below are transcript for your IELTS Listening Practice Test. To make the most out of this transcript, we removed some words from the texts and replaced with spaces. You have to fill each space with the missing word by listening to the audio for this IELTS listening practice test.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!