Impertinent – Word Of The Day For IELTS
Impertinent – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Impertinent: (Adjective) /ɪmˈpɜːrtnənt/
rude and not respectful, especially to someone who is older or more important
Rude, Cheeky, Offensive
An impertinent question
For IELTS Speaking:.
“She did not answer the maid’s impertinent question.”
“By now he had gotten used to reporters’ impertinent questions about his private life.”
For IELTS Writing:
“There is no penalty for being impertinent to supervisors who, in turn, quickly learn to keep their advice to themselves.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: varies, context, authority, labour, export, requires, income, significant, percentage, impertinent.
- He is a well-known _______________ on the language used by bees to communicate the location of food.
- The amount of rain we receive _______________ from year to year of course, but this year has been very dry.
- This airline seat-sale _______________ you to book your ticket at least a month in advance.
- I think that the _______________ of students that have to repeat a level in this program is usually about 25% or less.
- It is generally quite difficult to raise a family on a single _______________ in Canada today, so very often both parents work full-time.
- Management is meeting with _______________ to begin discussions on a new contract.
- Could I ask how old you are, or would that be ____________?
- Vocabulary is generally easier to understand if you look at it in _______________.
- We have noticed a _______________ improvement in Teddy’s attitude since you had a talk with him.
- In the future, Canada will be under great pressure to _______________ fresh water to the United States.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.