Incompatible – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Incompatible: (Noun) /ˌɪnkəmˈpætəbl/
Two actions, ideas, etc. that are incompatible are not acceptable or possible together because of basic differences
Conflicting, Inappropriate, Unsuitable.
With adverb:largely | somewhat | apparently, seemingly | potentially | simply | basically, fundamentally | clearly | mutually incompatible.
With preposition: incompatible with
For IELTS Speaking:
“These two objectives are mutually incompatible.”
“This behaviour is completely incompatible with his role as a teacher.“
For IELTS Writing:
“The hours of the job are incompatible with family life.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: rigidity, format, protocol, vision, manually, suspension, devoted, behalf, incompatible, mutually.
- More than 10% of Kenya’s total land area is _______________ to national parks and wildlife reserves.
- George Orwell wrote that people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their _______________.
- There are numerous dialects spoken in Madagascar, but they are all _______________ understandable.
- The accepted _______________ that one is expected to follow when there is an ambulance approaching is to pull over to the side of the road, and stop.
- They _______________ moved over a ton of rock from their back yard to make a garden.
- Mahatma Gandhi once said that honesty is _______________ with the making of a large fortune.
- We’ll need to change the _______________ of our presentation, because they don’t have the software to support a presentation of this kind in the meeting room.
- Belief in religion requires a _______________ of rational thought which I am not prepared to make.
- The _______________ of these structures makes them vulnerable to cracks in the event of an earthquake.
- We need someone who has a _______________ of where this company should be headed for the future.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.