Incompatible – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Incompatible: (Noun) /ˌɪnkəmˈpætəbl/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Two actions, ideas, etc. that are incompatible are not acceptable or possible together because of basic differences
Conflicting, Inappropriate, Unsuitable.
With adverb:largely | somewhat | apparently, seemingly | potentially | simply | basically, fundamentally | clearly | mutually incompatible.
With preposition: incompatible with
For IELTS Speaking:
“These two objectives are mutually incompatible.”
“This behaviour is completely incompatible with his role as a teacher.“
For IELTS Writing:
“The hours of the job are incompatible with family life.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: rigidity, format, protocol, vision, manually, suspension, devoted, behalf, incompatible, mutually.
- More than 10% of Kenya’s total land area is _______________ to national parks and wildlife reserves.
- George Orwell wrote that people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their _______________.
- There are numerous dialects spoken in Madagascar, but they are all _______________ understandable.
- The accepted _______________ that one is expected to follow when there is an ambulance approaching is to pull over to the side of the road, and stop.
- They _______________ moved over a ton of rock from their back yard to make a garden.
- Mahatma Gandhi once said that honesty is _______________ with the making of a large fortune.
- We’ll need to change the _______________ of our presentation, because they don’t have the software to support a presentation of this kind in the meeting room.
- Belief in religion requires a _______________ of rational thought which I am not prepared to make.
- The _______________ of these structures makes them vulnerable to cracks in the event of an earthquake.
- We need someone who has a _______________ of where this company should be headed for the future.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!