Inevitable – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Inevitable – Adjective /ɪˈnev.ɪ.tə.bəl/
Certain to happen and impossible to avoid.
For IELTS Speaking :
” It was inevitable that I would take the vacation to enjoy myself after a long stressful week.”
” The company closure is seemingly inevitable.”
For IELTS Writing :
” Unfortunately, violence is the inevitable corollary of such a revolutionary change in society.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: inevitable, contradict, displaced, ambiguous, random, paragraph, guideline, virtual, terminated, inspect.
- The newly hired secretary had her contract _______________ after she was discovered stealing money from the coffee fund
- Before you begin painting, you should _______________ the walls to see if there are any holes that need to be filled.
- Cuts to the health budget seem to _______________ the premier’s promise to improve health care in our province.
- The ending of the movie was totally _______________. I guess we have to decide for ourselves what really happened.
- My daughter has a computer program with a _______________ pet cat that she feeds and plays with.
- You must follow the _______________ for essay writing to ensure your essay has the proper format.
- Olympic athletes are subject to _______________ drug testing.
- Your _______________ should have a good topic sentence.
- The accident was the ____________ consequence of carelessness.
- Hundreds of people and their homes were _______________ to make way for the new highway.